components to the on-site service
Founded in 1923 by Franz Kessler, the company has developed to become the leading supplier of motor spindles as well as directly driven 2-axis heads and rotary tilt tables for the machine tool industry. KESSLER is proud to list many major companies from the mechanical engineering sector amongst its long-standing customers.
With the expertise of more than 95 years, the KESSLER Group is continuously developing and optimizing its products. The KESSLER product range serves a wide range of sectors, processes and applications. Close cooperation with our customers remains our key focus. The extensive product range, from high tech spindles, 2-axis heads, rotary and rotary tilt tables to motors and direct drive systems, enables KESSLER to implement customized solutions with speed and flexibility.
Service is a matter of trust. Rely on us as your trusted service partner: KESSLER has an established global network of technology and service centres.
- Customer-oriented. An internationally successful company with extensive and highly specialized expertise, we provide comprehensive advice about the design and manufacture of individual components and project management of complex system solutions.
- Measurable. We use the very latest technology and analytical processes to test our components under realistic conditions, so that our products help your business to stay flexible and maintain its competitive edge.
- Sustainable. With approximately 620 employees, the KESSLER Group is currently Europe's biggest spindle manufacturer. We are passing our knowledge on to the next generation of experts and support this with advanced training programes in our state of the art learning academy, with 10% of the total workforce currently in training.
- Holistic. Our in-house development division is supported by extensive calculation and analysis expertise and covers all aspects from drive technology to the construction of all-in-one systems. Furthermore, optimized production and assembly lines provide the framework for stable processes and the superior quality of our products.
For all areas of application
- Heavy cutting
- Aerospace titanium machining
- Processing of large-scale parts
- Very short construction
- Used in tilting heads for turning and milling operations
- Horizontal installation
- Very short acceleration and braking times
+ Special-purpose solutions
||Direct drive systems
||Technology Center / Analyses
*All information according to variation and availability
Franz Kessler GmbH was founded in Chemnitz in 1923 as a special motor factory to equip machine tools and textile machines. After the Second World War, the company was relocated to Bad Buchau. By continuous development of the product range, KESSLER acquired an excellent reputation as a motor manufacturer. Based on many years of experience as a developer and manufacturer of motors for main drives for machine tools, KESSLER gained the leading position in the field of motor spindles.
KESSLER intends to set benchmarks. Our core competencies are motors, bearings, tool clamping and release technology, media supply and sensors. The product portfolio is supplemented with swivelling spindle heads and workpiece axes as well as special solutions according to customers' requirements. Customers can choose from a wide range of standard products. On request, special designs are also developed and implemented together with the customer. The portfolio is rounded off with an efficient and worldwide established service and repair department with an integrated replacement parts service.
Read more in the extensive chronicle of the company.